Due to new legislation EN13120 (28 February 2014) all D & C Blinds and operating systems are compliant with EN13120.
What is EN13120?
Where internal blinds are installed in premises where children aged from 0 to 42 months are likely to have access or to be present. Examples are homes, hotels, hospitals, churches, shops, schools and general public places must be made child safe.
Young children can be adventurous and play with pull cords, chains, tapes and inner cords that operate the window blinds. This can result in entanglement or even strangulation.
What can I do to avoid danger of Cords, Chains and tapes?
- The best way to avoid strangulation and entanglement is to keep cords out of the reach of young children.
- Do not place beds cots or furniture near any window blind cords.
- Do not tie cords together.
- Check your cords do not twist and create a loop.
D & C Blinds recommend the installation of the following blinds in areas where small children may be present since they contain no loose cords or loops.
- Spring return roller blinds
- Perfect Fit® roller, pleated or venetian blinds
- Vertical blinds with wand control
- Panel blinds with wand control
The following blinds use operating cords or chains so should be installed with appropriate safety devices
- Vertical: cord tidy on operating cords
- Roller: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
- Roman: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
- Pleated: cord safety tassel on operating cords
- Cellular: cord safety tassel on operating cords
- Panel: cord tidy on operating cords
- Vision: cord tidy on operating cords
D & C Blinds have over 50 years’ experience in the manufacture of custom blinds that’s why we are trusted and recommended by many leading suppliers in the market industry. We endure to give 100% customer satisfaction from start to finish creating your perfect interior driven by the demands and aspirations of you the customer. Contact us today with any questions or queries that you may have.